For backpackers, Southeast Asia is undoubtedly the ideal choice!
You get much more out of your holiday as the region is packed with thrills and adventures. The best part is that the SEA is incredibly cheap and honestly, you can have a whale of a time here with just a limited budget. Browse AirAsia flight to know about their best deals and promotions. You simply cannot believe of getting such inexpensive flights to Southeast Asia. One thing is for sure, you are in for fantastic experience here and are sure to come back with some everlasting memories of your vacation.
Now that you have booked your flight, get ready to enjoy an ultimate adventure in Southeast Asian countries.
A paradise for backpackers!
Whether this is your first trip to SEA or you have bene here before, some tips always prove to be useful.
Southeast Asia is massive and made of eight countries which are unique and different from each other. It can be confusing as to where to go for an epic backpacking adventure. Well, the truth is that you could go just about anywhere! In Malaysia, you can enjoy best and cheapest scuba diving sites while in Vietnam you can look forward to some fantastic experiences. The street food here is simply not to be missed. Myanmar will take you on a journey through ancient temples and impressive monasteries. Indonesia offers exciting yoga classes and surfing lessons for the travelers. In Thailand, you can party all night with glowing paint on the beaches and watch the sunrise. Laos is known for its dense jungles filled with massive waterfalls and amazing wildlife. Explore Cambodia on a motorbike and in the Philippines, you can enjoy camping out on uninhabited islands. You can hop from one region to another and take Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi flights.
Thus, all you need to do is palm your trip and take the flight to your desired location. Read on to know how you can backpack cheaply through the beautiful region.
Some useful tips:
- You can comfortably live off on just about $20 a day, except for some excessive countries like Malaysia and Singapore.
- Your primary expense would be the flight or the airfare. Transportation within the city depends on the location and the number of trips. Book in advance to get a cheaper flight and the hotel.
- It is a good idea to share a room with another traveler and can negotiate a lower price if you plan to stay at one particular hostel for a couple of nights.
- When it comes to food, it is easy to remain on a budget as food is generally cheap here in the SEA. One can manage on just a couple of dollars a day and can eat at food stalls. However, one should avoid restaurants and western food and wines.
- You can walk to save on transportation or rent a bike or better, take public transportation like buses or train. Renting bicycles will not cost more than a dollar a day.
- Don’t be afraid to bargain in the markets and always negotiate. You would be surprised how the prices can drop with just a few words of haggling.
- Exchange enough money at the airport but do the major cash exchanges away from the airports they give the worst rate and charge a commission.
- Do your own cooking and laundry to lower down the costs further. You can also do groceries and shop for some detergent.
- Look for a package tour and look around. You can always negotiate to bring the price down. It is best to be on your own and get to the destination via public transportation.
Exploring the Southeast Asian countries is like entering another world. Enjoy the chaotic symphony of backpacking Southeast Asia!