Informatics can be defined as a discipline that studies symbolic transformation, namely data based on computational engines.
This science covers several fields such as information systems, computer science, information science, computer systems, and other informatics development. I
Informatics studies the structure, properties, and interactions of several systems used to collect data, process and store the results of this processing, and display them in the form of information.
Computer science which is also a part of informatics places more emphasis on computer programming and software. This field is related to the field of information systems.
However, informatics focuses more on meeting human needs related to computer use.
Division of Work in the Information Technology Sector
By grouping, it is expected that companies and organizations can determine the best candidates with tech staffing agencies, both in hard skills and soft skills in various fields and lines of professionalism.
Jobs in information technology are divided into 4 groups:
Those who work in the software world are those who design database operating systems or application systems.
- System analyst: in charge of analyzing the system to be implemented.
Starting from analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of the existing system to the feasibility study of the system to be developed.
- Programmer: the person in charge of implementing the analyst system design, namely making a program according to the system being analyzed.
- Web Designer: in charge of planning, including feasibility studies, analysis, and design of web-based application development projects.
- Web Programmer: has a duty to implement a web designer design, by creating a web-based program in accordance with the designed design
Jobs related to this field are:
- Technical engineer: dealing with technical problems, both in the maintenance and repair of computer system devices.
3. Operational Information System:
- EDP operator: in charge of running programs related to electronic data processing in a corporate environment.
- System administrator: in charge of managing and maintaining the system, has the authority to regulate access rights to the system and matters related to operational arrangements.
- The MIS director is a person who has the highest authority in an information system. Its main task is to manage the system as a whole, both in terms of hardware, software, and human resources.
4. IT Business Development
With identified types of work based on job groupings in various sectors of the information technology industry.
Human Resources (HR) is the most valuable asset for every organization, agency, and company.
Even though agencies/companies have large capital and very sophisticated technology, without reliable human resources who are able to manage them well, all of this is meaningless.
Because human resources in the field of technology are very important for the sustainability of the agency/company.
The development of internet technology has influenced many business trends in the world.
Currently, digital startups or startups, small and medium enterprises or SMEs, and large companies are competing to use information technology to develop their business.
This is not strange, considering that internet users are indeed a promising market.
Inevitably, if you intend to hook the market in cyberspace, business actors must start fixing their internal technology needs to support the smooth running of the business.
For companies with large capital, providing technology devices may not be difficult.
In contrast to startup companies that are just developing, technology tools must be chosen well.