All of us have a passion and one such passion is dancing. Many of you might have chosen it as a profession. If you are taking it as a profession then you have to get more serious about it. One of the most important requirements of dancing is choosing the right dance shoes. A good pair of shoes which is made carefully with good materials will not only last long but also help you to learn better. Here are the most important things which you need to consider before buying the right pair of dance shoes.
- You need to make sure that the dance shoes you are going to buy fit you like a glove. It is very important. First try on a pair of shoes that will fit you smoothly without exerting much pressure. It will provide you with a good control of your shoes even if it gets broken.
- Open toe dance shoes are mostly suitable for Latin and rhythm dances like salsa, rumba and swing that require pointing of the toes more and also articulation of your feet. Since the front part of the open toe dance shoes are opened, it allows you to point you toes easily and you can also execute your footwork much more precisely. On the other hand, we have the closed toe shoes which are mainly designed for smooth dances like the foxtrot and waltz. Due to the fact that these dances require a much more traditional classical look. While you are focusing on a particular dance style you can choose any style of you have just started. Being a beginner you will be more evitable to get stepped on sometimes. In this case you may consider buying closed toe dance shoes. It will also provide you with protection.
- For Latin or the ballroom dances the heel heights of your dance shoes usually ranges from 1.5” to 3”. If you are a beginner then choose a heel height that will provide you the most comfort. Some of you may not prefer wearing heels much so then you can definitely start off with a lower heel. There can a variety of heels from slim to flared. A flared heel dance shoe is the best as it gives you more stability. Generally, a 1” heel is sufficient for both ballroom and Latin dancing, unless you are participating in a dance competition.
- Having a suede sole for your dance shoes is highly recommended highly as it gives you the correct amount of slip and traction and you will feel more balanced. JJ’s House shoes give you good control over your feet while turning and moving around the dance floor. Make sure to brush the suede sole with shoe brush for maintaining its roughness.
- The thing that kills a shoe is nothing but moisture. You can use a shoe tree for absorbing moisture and to keep the shape of your dance shoes intact. Cedar shoe trees are just the best for fighting the odour coming from shoes.
To read more on topics like this, check out the lifestyle category.